The Club can confirm that we will be providing a live stream of tonight’s Betfred Cup group stage tie against Dundee United. Supporters of both sides looking to stream the game are advised to register as soon as possible.
We are encouraged by the feedback received from our inaugural stream against Raith Rovers on Saturday and we are still working very hard to deliver an excellent end product for you.
Footage from the Raith friendly has been made available to view for those who have subscribed for the Dundee United game. This will allow supporters to test their chosen browser/device of choice before tonight’s match.
TO REGISTER AND ACCESS THE STREAM:
• Visit the Hedge TV website - HERE
• Click the 'login' button at the top right hand side of the screen. You will be required to create an account, you can use your Facebook credentials to create an account if desired. Once registered on the Hedge TV live webpage you can also download and log in to the Hedge TV app for Android to watch all content if desired. We hope to have an iOS app ready for tonight but at time of publication it is not currently available, this will be available for download from the App Store as soon as it’s approved by Apple.
• Once logged in, click the user icon and then subscription - you will then see an option to purchase a 'midweek subscription' pass. Click on this and follow the payment steps - the midweek pass will cost £12.50 for all users and is valid until 23:59 on Friday October 9th so you will have access to the Live coverage on Wednesday and then the full game recording and any highlights until this time. Payment services are provided by Stripe and HedgeTV cannot help with any card related issues.
• Kick off is at 7:45pm - with the stream going live at 7:15pm.
We are starting our stream earlier than normal to allow everyone to test access on their device of choice. We strongly recommend that you register for the service as soon as you can, you don’t have to buy a subscription when you register. We had seven of 350+ registered users report issues with access to our last game, six of these were resolved by using a different browser or device.
• The service is locked to one device/browser only. If you are already logged in on one device (e.g. smartphone) and attempt to log in to a laptop, you will be shown a message that you are already logged in on another device. In the message there will be a cross or bin icon which will allow you to log out of your current device, and log in to your new one.
• It's fair to say that a live stream does not have the same feel to it as the conventional live television broadcast coverage we’ve all become accustomed to. However, there is some additional functionality that our service offers such the ability to create your own short in play recording, create a video on demand highlights package and rewind to replay any action.
You will be able to live stream the match via an up to date laptop, computer, tablet or smartphone. Please note that the quality of the live stream will be dependent on the speed of your internet connection. The ability to cast from your device to a TV is supported but again dependent on your chosen technology. In our test event users reported great performance from browsers on both Firestick and games consoles, these are not supported methods of viewing but appear to work well in test events to date.
Unfortunately we are not in a position to guarantee a commentary service at this stage. We are working on this presently and there will be live ground sound in lieu of commentary.