Brechin City Football Club

Glebe Park, Brechin, Angus DD9 6BJ

Tel : 01356 623344
Email :

Turriff United 0 Brechin City 5

Match Report - By Steven Mew

City’s impressive sequence of results continued yesterday evening with a resounding win over Turriff United at the Haughs.

Despite dropping down a place in the league table - owing to Rothes’ 7-0 win over Forres Mechanics, Andy Kirk's side moved to within 3 points of leaders Fraserburgh.

Brechin got off to the ideal start as they opened the scoring with just 4 minutes on the clock as MAX KUCHERIAVYI fired into the corner from just inside the penalty area.

Despite the early setback the visitors were next to threaten when Jack Wills had to make a save at his near post to deny Esson.

At the other end, Julian Wade did well to beat the offside trap and burst clear of the home defence but could only drag his shot wide of the post.

The advantage was doubled on 22 minutes when Paton’s corner was cleared only as far as IAIN DAVIDSON who found the net with the aid of a deflection for his first City goal.

City further added to their advantage shortly before the half hour mark with a contender for goal of the season. MARC SCOTT cut inside from the right and evaded a challenge before curling a delightful strike into the top corner.

Andy Kirk’s side were threatening to run riot as they netted a 4th goal barely a minute after the restart. Cammie Ross showed his marker a clean pair of heels down the right side before providing the cross for JULIAN WADE to knock home at the back post.

Following a one-sided first half, City didn’t quite have the same grip on the game in the second period but continued to create chances as they looked to add to the scoreline.

On the hour mark, Inglis chipped the ball over the keeper into the feet of Jack Milne who was unable to find the target with his shot on the turn.

Lyall Booth replaced Kieran Inglis after 66 minites and the former Aberdeen youth made an immediate impact as his cross found Marc Scott lingering at the back post, but he could only fire into the side netting.

Scott would threaten again five minutes later when he received a pass from the lively Cammie Ross before firing over. Ross himself would come close to getting on the scoresheet seven minutes from time when he was played through on goal by Cox but could only fire wide at the near post.

Late on, Garry Wood broke clear of the home rearguard and looked set to grab his 5th goal of the season however he was denied by a fine save from David Dey.

City rounded off a good night’s work with a fifth goal deep into added time. Wood did well to get to the byline before firing a low cross into the box for fellow substitute DAVID COX to tap home.

Next up for City is a home league fixture against Lossiemouth on Saturday as they look to build up the momentum.


17 November 2021
The Haughs
Attendance: 0
Max Kucheriavyi 4
Iain Davidson 22
Marc Scott 29
Julian Wade 31
David Cox 90

Brechin City

1 Jack Wills
2 Jamie Bain
3 Hamish Thomson
4 Iain Davidson
6 Michael Paton
10 Cameron Ross
11 Kieran Inglis
16 Marc Scott
17 Jack Milne
19 Max Kucheriavyi
20 Julian Wade
5 Sam Denham
7 David Cox
9 Garry Wood
12 Lyall Booth
18 Ewan Loudon
21 Iain Ross
23 Kevin McHattie


  • On: Lyall Booth
    Off: Kieran Inglis ( 66 )
  • On: David Cox
    Off: Julian Wade ( 75 )
  • On: Garry Wood
    Off: Cameron Ross ( 87 )

Turriff United

1 D Dey
2 O Kinsella
3 M Esson
4 J Chalmers
5 E Smith
6 R Clark
7 M Cormack
8 A Watt
9 K Buxton
10 K Smith
11 J Cooper
12 M McDonald
14 L Kinsella
15 M Thompson
16 L Norris
17 R Brown
18 D Stuart
21 T Findlay