Brechin City Football Club

Team Lines

Brechin City

1 Graeme Smith
3 Willie Dyer
4 Gary Fusco
6 James Dale
7 Callum Tapping
15 Euan Spark
16 Callumn Morrison
18 Kalvin Orsi
20 Sean Crighton
22 Dylan Mackin
29 Euan Smith
19 Patrick O'Neil
8 Finn Graham
10 Isaac Layne
11 Liam Watt
14 Aron Lynas
21 Jordan Sinclair


  • On: Liam Watt
    Off: Kalvin Orsi (46)
  • On: Aron Lynas
    Off: James Dale (79)
  • On: Isaac Layne
    Off: Callumn Morrison (86)


18 Conor Hazard
3 Jordan McGhee
4 Aaron Muirhead
6 Joe McKee
10 Craig Sibbald
14 Louis Longridge
16 Reghan Tumilty
22 Alex Jakubiak
33 Rory Loy
42 Tommy Robson
44 Paul Watson
1 Robbie Thomson
2 Lewis Kidd
5 Peter Grant
7 Tom Taiwo
20 Kevin O’Hara
21 Ryan Blair


  • On: Ryan Blair
    Off: Craig Sibbald (74)
  • On: Tom Taiwo
    Off: Joe McKee (78)
  • On: Kevin O’Hara
    Off: Alex Jakubiak (84)


Ladbrokes Championship

Falkirk 3 Brechin City 1 - By Steven Mew


06 February 2018

The Falkirk Stadium

(Attendance: 4155)

Brechin City


Falkirk 3

Alex Jakubiak 13
Rory Loy 28
Louis Longridge 71

Brechin City 1

Dylan Mackin 67

Match Report

Report by Steven Mew

A resurgent Bairns side proved too hot to handle for City yesterday on a bitterly cold night at the Falkirk Stadium.

Manager Darren Dods made no fewer than five changes as he freshened the side up from the defeat against Queen of the South at Palmerston last time out. In came Gary Fusco, Willie Dyer, Kalvin Orsi and Euan Smith whilst Dylan Mackin was handed a debut following his recent arrival on loan from Livingston.

City started the game relatively well and sprayed the ball about nicely on the artificial surface, however despite this positive opening period they failed to penetrate the Falkirk defence.

The first chance of the game fell to the home side after 10 minutes when Joe McKee’s 25 yard free kick was drilled straight at Graeme Smith in the City goal. Just a minute later Rory Loy did well to beat a couple of players down the right before cutting inside but his resultant effort was also straight at Smith.

The Bairns were rampant at this stage and on 12 minutes, a deflected effort from Louis Longridge almost caught out Graeme Smith, however the City keeper did well to backtrack and tip the effort over the bar.

It wasn’t long before Falkirk’s pressure paid off as they opened the scoring a minute later. A corner flighted into the box wasn’t dealt with by the City defence and ALEX JAKUBIAK was on hand to force the ball over the line. The on-loan Watford man would go on to cause no end of problems for the City defence with his skill and direct style of play.

In a rare foray up at the other end of the pitch, City almost equalised when an in-swinging free kick from Morrison evaded everyone in the box and the ball went narrowly past the post, much to the relief of the vast majority of the 4155 spectators inside the stadium.

The home side doubled their advantage shortly before the half hour mark. The City defence switched off at a throw in which allowed Louis Longridge to cross into the box for the unmarked RORY LOY - he had the easy task of slotting into the empty net.

Far from content with the two goal advantage, Falkirk sought to put the game out of City’s reach before half time. Jakubiak was enjoying a lot of success down the left side – he played a neat ball into the path of Longridge who produced a smart save from Smith. A goalmouth scramble ensued and the ball was finally cleared to safety by the City defence.

Five minutes before the break, a defensive lapse from Sean Crighton sent Rory Loy through on goal but his effort was palmed away by ‘Buzz’ - the ball was then cleared to safety by Euan Smith before Longridge could follow up with the rebound. Longridge did have a chance shortly after but his powerful shot from the edge of the box just curled away from goal.

Dods made a switch at half time as Liam Watt replaced Kalvin Orsi and it was City who created the first real chance of the second period. Dylan Mackin showed exactly why Dods was keen to bring him to the club as the big striker showed great strength and determination to gain himself a yard of space in the box before striking into the side netting.

DYLAN MACKIN was not to be denied the debut goal that he craved as he pulled one back with 67 minutes on the clock. Callum Tapping slid a ball through for the on-loan Livi man and he had time to compose himself before coolly slotting into the corner to give City a lifeline.

The goal gave City some belief but their hopes of completing the comeback were dashed just four minutes later. Joe McKee threaded a ball through for LOUIS LONGRIDGE who ran at the City defence and cut inside before curling the ball into the far corner to put the game beyond doubt.

Despite being outplayed by their opponents for large chunks of the game, City continued to battle away. Callumn Morrison looked impressive throughout when he was given an opportunity with the ball – on 73 minutes his free kick from range was comfortably saved by Hazard. At the other end Falkirk sought to increase their lead when Jakubiak produced a save from Smith at his near post.

Isaac Layne came on for Morrison four minutes from time and he was involved almost immediately when he raced away from the Falkirk defence but his end effort was palmed away by the keeper.

Referee Mat Northcroft called time on a disappointing night for City against a Bairns side who are enjoying a real upturn in fortunes after a dismal start to the season. The reds are without a competitive game this weekend due to the Scottish Cup, but will return to action the following Saturday with a home match against...yes you guessed it...Falkirk.

Other Results - Ladbrokes Championship




Hospitality Sponsor:


Shirt Co-Sponsor:

James Lammond
Shirt Co-Sponsor:

Ferguson Oliver
Official Travel Partner:

Blacks of Brechin
Teamsheet Sponsor:

The Ashvale
Irn-Bru Cup Betfred Cup Social Media Partner:
William Hill Scottish Cup

Sky Sports

BT Sport