The Brechin City Football Club is committed to ensuring that its disabled supporters and customers have as full access as is reasonably possible to all goods, services, and facilities provided or offered to the public by the Club. This general policy extends to the Club's administrative base and Social Club premises, as well as to the venue for its matches.
Administrative Base & Lounge
The Clubs offices are accommodated within a one-storey building, which is located at the far end of the left hand side of the ground as entering from Trinity Road.
- The offices are located at ground floor (street) level and there are three separate points of access/egress which are suitable for the users of wheelchairs. This floor level has a separate, purpose-built, toilet for disabled persons.
- The Lounge is located on the lower ground floor of the main stand and there are two separate points of access/egress which are suitable for the users of wheelchairs. This stand also has a separate, purpose-built, toilet for disabled persons.
The Club plays its home fixtures at Glebe Park, Brechin.
As the average attendance at Brechin Citys home matches is circa 500, the Club recommends use of the Main Stand. This part of the stadium offers the following facilities for disabled spectators:-
- 44 places for wheelchair users
- 44 adjacent seats for their carers
- 55 places for ambulant/blind persons (guide-dogs allowed)
- Separate, purpose-built toilet facilities
- Unlimited car parking, which is free of charge
Accessibility to Stadium
- There are several user-friendly means of accessing the stadium, both externally and internally, e.g., ramp-ways, vehicle underpasses, and lifts. The car parking facilities are situated in very close proximity to the various points of entry to the stadium.
Admission to Stadium
The following policies shall apply:-
- The Club does not charge disabled patrons for entry to its matches.
- The Club does not charge carers or helpers for entry to its matches, subject to the proviso that this particular concession is not abused.
- Pre-booking is not required under normal circumstances. However, advance notice of any unusual requests would be welcomed.
The following policies and procedures shall apply:-
- The Club, its staff, and stewards, shall not discriminate between people with differing impairments.
- The Clubs administrative staff, other front-of-house personnel, and stewards shall be instructed to observe the provisions of the DDA, or any other relevant legislation.
- The Clubs administrative staff, other front-of-house personnel, and stewards are required to treat disabled supporters and customers with all due patience, politeness, courtesy, and practical assistance at all times.
- The Club guarantees that it shall deal promptly with any grievances relating to the provisions of the DDA.
- The Clubs administrative staff, other front-of-house personnel, and stewards shall be advised of the fact that any incidents of discrimination under the provisions of the DDA are serious matters, which could lead to appropriate disciplinary action being initiated.
Disabled Supporters? Club
The Brechin City Football Clubs overall fan base is relatively small; the Club doesnt have its own Disabled Supporters Club or Network.
Disability Access officer
The Brechin City FC Disability Access officer is David Dewar who can be contacted by email DLO@brechincityfc.com
1st July 2019 (Season 2019/20)