Equal Opportunities Policy
2. All employees and members of staff are expected to abide by the requirements of the Race Relations Act 1976, the Sex Discrimination Act 1986 and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. Specifically, discrimination is prohibited by:
• Treating any individual on grounds of gender, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability, less favourably than others.
• Expecting an individual solely on the grounds stated above to comply with requirements(s) for any reason whatsoever related to their employment or membership, which are different from others.
• Imposing on an individual requirements or conditions which are in effect more onerous on that individual than they are on others. No individual will be placed at a disadvantage by requirements or conditions which cannot be shown to be necessary to the satisfactory conduct of the job or task.
• Victimisation or harassment of an individual, by virtue of discrimination.
• Any other act or omission of an act which has the effect of disadvantaging an individual against another, or others, purely on the above grounds. Thus all of the Club’s recruitment, selection, promotion and training processes, as well as disciplinary matters, will be determined solely by the application of an objective assessment of personal performance and ability.
3. The Club commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case, an undertaking that the practice cease forthwith, restitution of damage or loss (if necessary) and to the investigation of the member of staff accused of discrimination.
4. Any employee or member of staff found guilty of discrimination will be instructed to desist forthwith and will be dealt with under the Club’s disciplinary procedures.
5. The Club opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of disability. No applicant, employee or member of staff shall receive less favourable treatment than others, because of disability. The difficulties of their disability permitting, assistance will be provided, wherever possible, to ensure that disabled employees or members of staff are helped to gain access and to undertake their duties.
Appropriate training will be provided to those employees and members of staff who request it.
1st July 2016 - (Season 2016/17)